Introduction of RF Coaxial Connector:
RF coaxial connector (hereinafter referred to as RF connector) is usually considered to be attached to the cable or an instrument installed on the device, as a transmission line electrical connection or separation of components. It belongs to mechatronic products. Simply speaking it mainly plays the role of bridge.
Compared with other electronic components, RF connector has a short history of development. In 1930, UHF connector is the earliest RF connector. During the Second World War, due to the urgent need of the war, with the development of radar, radio and microwave communications,7/16(DIN) N, C, BNC, TNC and other medium-sized series emerged. After 1958 miniaturized products such as SMA, SMB and SMC appeared, in 1964 developed the US military standard MIL-C-39012 "RF coaxial connector General Specifications", since then, RF connectors began to standardize, serialization, universal direction.
In more than sixty years, through the joint efforts of experts from all over the world, RF connectors form a complete and independent professional system and become an important part of the connector family. Coaxial transmission system is an indispensable key component. RF connectors in the United States, Britain, France and other countries are at a leading position in the research and development of RF connectors. Their design, production, testing and use of technologies have become a complete set of standard systems. The raw materials, auxiliary materials, test systems, Assembly tools, etc. have also been standardized, and specialized in large-scale production.
1. Variety of specifications: more than 20 international common series, more varieties and specifications. Including 7/16(DIN) RF connector, 4.3/10(Mini Din) RF connector, N RF connector, TNC RF connector, BNC RF connector, SMA RF connector, SMB RF connector, SMC RF connector, etc.
2. By mechanical structure to ensure electrical properties, is a mechatronic products, are essentially different from other low-frequency connectors.
3. Parts processing is mainly by machine processing, manual assembly and more difficult to automate the assembly.
4. Slow product replacement
5. it is an important part of the electrical connector, which is a certain technical labor-intensive products.
6. Product reliability, failure mode and failure mechanism is complex.